Want to learn more about housing, start taking action or find out how? Then come to one of the events below to meet like-minded people fighting for safe, secure and affordable housing.
- Save Chrisp St Market – 7-9pm, Weds, 23 Sept: with our first public meeting booked for end of October we need to start planning and organising for it and the campaign in general. Please join us if you want to get involved with any aspect: web stuff, logo/leaflet design, writing content, publicity, or just generally helping out. Address: Common House, 5e Pundersons Gardens, E2 9QG.
- East London in Crisis – 2.30-8pm, Sat, 26 Sept: a community gathering organised by local union branches and campaign groups to find out what’s going on and how to get involved with housing, education, welfare and health campaigns. Address: St Matthias Community Centre, Poplar High St, E14 0AE.
- Eviction Resistance workshop – 12.30-2.30pm: learn how to resist evictions with the support of others and the relevant laws around S21, bailiffs and the council’s duty to house you. Address: St Barnabas Church, St Barnabas Rd, E17 8JZ.
- TH Federation of TRAs – 7-9pm, Mon, 28 Sept: monthly meeting of the Fed with the new cabinet member for housing as guest speaker. It will also be the Fed’s AGM for the last part. Address: Collingwood Hall, Collingwood Street, Whitechapel, E1.
- Community organising for renters – 10.30am-5.30pm, Sat, 3 Oct: learn how to organise with your communities to stand up to landlords and campaign against housing injustice. Address: Green Lanes Methodist Church, 132a Green Lanes, N16 9BN.
- People’s Housing Conference – 10am-5pm, Sat, 10 Oct: find out all you need to know about the state of housing, the fightback against it, and how to get involved. Address: Friends Meeting House, 173-177 Euston Road, Euston, NW1 2BJ.
- Reclaim Tower Hamlets – 7-9pm, Mon, 12 Oct: meeting of the new group that aims to bring direct action to campaigning in Tower Hamlets. Address: LARC, Fieldgate St, Whitechapel, E1.
- Tower Hamlets Renters – 7-9pm, Tues, 13 Oct: monthly meeting that discusses housing issues, supports people with them and plans actions and campaigns to tackle them. Address: basement of St Georges hall, 236 Cable St, Shadwell, E1 0BL.
- Save Chrisp St Market public meeting – evening time tbc: first meeting to bring residents, shoppers and traders together to demand a say in Poplar Harca’s plans to redevelop the site. Address: St Matthias Community Centre, Poplar High Street, E14 0AE.