Tower Hamlets Renters campaigns for safe, secure and affordable housing for private renters. We also offer information and support to tenants experiencing problems with their landlord. While we do not have the resources to solve every problem, we believe by working together we can challenge the root causes of them: poor property management and poor legislation.
What are we fighting for?
- Affordable rents with limits on rent rises
- Longer tenancies
- Decent living conditions: no damp & mould, proper insulation, secure windows & doors
- An end to letting agent fees
- Respect of landlords towards their tenants
- Better information and support for private renters
Our current agenda (we always want to do much more than we can)
- Monthly meetings to welcome new renters, offer support and plan campaigns and actions
- Share skills, information and tactics with each other and groups across London
- Take direct action against those responsible for the mess we’re in
- Gather information and evidence about the difficulties renters face
- Lobby politicians to improve legislation
Are you facing a problem with your landlord or simply want to tackle one of society’s ills? Then come to our next meeting and get involved. Our monthly action & support meetings are usually on the second Tuesday of each month, between 7-9pm, at Unite Community Centre in the basement of St. George’s Town Hall, 236 Cable Street, E1 0BL. Nearest stations: Shadwell DLR and Overground. Please check our Facebook page, Twitter account or this site for confirmed dates of meetings and actions.
You can get in touch with us by email:
Or by phone: